Thursday, June 28, 2007

Life Long Learning.

My father used to ask my sisters and I "What is your five year plan? Always have a five year plan." Despite the eye rolling and grumbling he got in response I liked having a five year plan, and always had one! I continue to be a planner/learner, a work in progress moving towards the ideal Stephanie. I have drawn and painted pictures of, wrote pages about, and have many lists describing my learning objectives. When I get an idea or feel a need to learn I don’t hesitate to ask lots of question and take classes or read all about it in books from my local library. I think my biggest obstacle towards learning is a tendency to abandon projects suddenly when I lose interest and a stubbornness in working with others if I don't agree with their system or ideas!

6 comments:

folksnake said...

Blog looks great, Steph!

By the way--I see no shame in dropping projects when you lose interest. It just frees up more time for all those other things on your list...and all projects are not created equal. Some of them are definitely worthy of being dropped. Life's too short!!

Five Year plans, huh? It sounds so Soviet!...you sure your dad wasn't a spy? ;^)

Tara said...

I notice that your name change has worked on your blog itself, but not on the list. You might have to ask James or Lesa to update it for you. Or not...Goodbye CBATRAINING4STEPH.

Stephanie said...

OH FOR &*(%$#* SAKE CHRIS! He is niether a Soviet or a spy.

folksnake said...

I believe he may have you indoctrinated, by the sound of it.

Isn't "&*(%$#*" Russky talk?

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaryKM said...

I'm with Chris on that 5 year plan and your dad ... would you really know if he was a spy? All that traveling ... retired near DC .... does he like beets???